68 mm (2-5/8”), 149 grams
OBVERSE: Parisian sculptor Alphée Dubois (1831–1905) studied with his father, engraver Joseph Eugène Dubois (1795–1863) and later at the École des Beaux-Arts under Jean-Auguste Barre (1811–1896) and Francisque-Joseph Duret (1804–1865). Alphée Dubois received numerous awards for his achievements. His sculptures may by seen at museums in Paris and around the world.
REVERSE: “MINISTERE DE L’INSTRUCTION” encircles the left quadrant, divided by a lyre, and continues with “PUBLIQUE ET DES BEAUX-ARTS” on the right quadrant. Inside an inner scroll of waves and rosemary branches is the inscription “ÉCOLE NATIONALE DE MUSIQUE * PRIX D’HONNEUR.” First prize was awarded in the town of Cambrai (“DE CAMBRAI”) to “MELLE DRECQ ALFREDA” in 1936, which can be seen in the exergue.